Blue Grass Head Start Program
Head Start is a comprehensive program designed to meet preschool children’s emotional, social, health, nutrition, psychological and development needs. Head Start is a no-cost early childhood education experience for eligible children and families. Head Start is a supportive classroom environment that values and respects each child’s individual pattern of learning and development. Daily classroom activities offer a balance of learning experiences that prepare children for school readiness in kindergarten. Parents are welcome in the classroom and volunteer days are offered each month.
955 Leestown Lane
Frankfort, KY. 40601
1330 Drake Lane
Wilmore, KY. 40390
580 Perryville Street
Harrodsburg, KY. 40330
200 Park Street
Versailles, KY. 40383
The Agency offers one Day Care Program in Anderson County. The Day Care Centers are housed in the same building with Head Start and offer parents the security of day care services before and after the structured Head Start classroom activities. Along with child development services, the day care center provides three nutritious meals each day.
Child Application - English
Child Application - Spanish
Migrant Head Start
The Migrant & Seasonal Head Start (MSHS) program offers high-quality educational programs for children of families who work in migrant or seasonal agriculture fields. MSHS sites are available in Jessamine and Woodford Counties. The MSHS program serves children birth to age five.
Call Now To Enroll
Jessamine County Head Start – 859-858-2585
Woodford County Head Start – 859-873-6579
- Free Preschool program for 3 and 4 year old children.
- Must be 3 years of age by Aug 1
- Certified Staff - CDA, AA or BA in Elementary Education or Early Childhood Education
- No tuition fees, No school supplies, no field trip or meal costs.
- Children Receive breakfast and lunch
- Full Day/Full Year Services Offered.
- children 3-5 years of age from families with low-income
- children from families receiving public assistance
- children in foster care, regardless of family income
- ten percent of enrollments are offered to children with disabilities
- children from families with slightly higher income may be able to participate in Head Start when space is available
- homeless children regardless of income